Congratulations! You’re own your way to becoming a wise sage…or maybe you will just learn to sit quietly for a few moments 😉
Meditation has INFINITE benefits from improving creativity, focus, mental clarity, stress, to promoting overall well-being. It truly is the best investment you can make.
There is no right or wrong way to meditate. Meditation simply means becoming aware of one’s thoughts and gradually quieting the mind.
Below is a general guide of how you can meditate effectively.
- Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- Sit in a meditation position if you can. If you can’t sit, lay down. Make sure you’re comfortable.
- Visualize yourself inside of a beautiful golden pyramid sitting on a quartz crystal. Meditating inside pyramids makes your meditation 3x more effective as these structures channel tremendous amounts of energy (think Ancient Egypt). Quartz crystals also amplify energies.
- Take several deep breaths.
- Be grateful for your breath and for yourself for taking the time to focus on your well-being.
- Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth. This creates saliva and lubricates your spine where your chakras (energy centers) are located so that energy will move more smoothly.
- Quiet your monkey mind. This may take time so being patient is essential. When you observe your thoughts running wild, focus on your breath. You can only breathe in the present. You can only be in the present moment. Everytime you retrieve your monkey mind back to your breath you become more aware. Focus on these small achievements. Meditation is like training for a marathon, the more you practice, the easier it will become.
Types of meditations
There are a variety of ways to meditate. As you explore different modalities, you may start to like one over another. Listen to what feels best for you. There is no right or wrong way.
You can listen to a guided meditation, chakra meditation or frequencies like 432hz and 528hz (all can be found on YouTube.) Listening to these will make it easier to quiet your mind.
Here’s a free 12 minute meditation that will give you deep relaxation.
Visualize yourself outside on a breeze day. Feel your feet touching the soft grass with the sun nourishing you with its energy. Imagine yourself as a tree sinking your roots into Mother Earth. Imagine the roots going deep into the Earth’s core. Feel the nourishment from Mother Earth and find your stability. You can visualize yourself in any place you’d like.
You can also visualize yourself with your guides, angels, higher self, Universe/Source/Spirit/God or spirit animals. If you call on dolphins, dragons, and whales they can take you to different dimensions. You must have an intention for this (to find peace, to connect with your higher self, to answer a question, etc.)Imagine yourself surrounded by dolphins (or whatever animal you picked) and allow them to guide you.
It’s important to feel safe when going deep within. Create a secret space where you feel safe. Imagine this as a garden, a cave in the mountains, or anywhere you want before starting your meditation.
This article includes affiliate links. These are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified or personally used.
I have an 8-week meditation program where you will receive unique daily guided meditations to help you establish and stick to a meditation routine.
This program is modeled after a Harvard study in which Harvard neuroscientists found that, “Meditation not only reduces stress. But it changes your brain. Our data shows changes in the brain just eight weeks.” Click here for more information.